Summer Literacy and Math Professional Learning
June 5-9, 2017
Day 3 – Empower Learners
Jill Gough and Becky Holden
I can empower learners to reach for the next independent level in their learning.
It is not easy, but we need to shift from being the givers of knowledge to becoming the facilitators of knowledge development. (Flynn, 8 pag.)
UED: 8:45 – 11:15 / EED: 12:15 – 2:45
- Andreae, Giles, and Guy Parker-Rees. Giraffes Can’t Dance. New York: Scholastic, 2016. Print.
- Carpenter, Thomas P., Elizabeth Fennema, Megan Loef. Franke, Linda Levi, and Susan B. Empson. Children’s Mathematics: Cognitively Guided Instruction. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann, 2015. Print.
- Flynn, Michael. Beyond Answers: Exploring Mathematical Practices with Young Children. Portland, Maine.: Stenhouse, 2017. Print.
- Fosnot, Catherine Twomey. Conferring with Young Mathematicians at Work: Making Moments Matter. New London, CT: New Perspectives on Learning, LLC, 2016. Print.
- McCallum, William. “Number & Operations in Base Ten.” Number & Operations in Base Ten | Common Core State Standards Initiative. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 June 2017.