Jill is also a National T³ Instructor working in collaboration with Texas Instruments and T³ to write, plan, and deliver quality professional development for teacher-learners interested in using technology to facilitate learning and assessment that is interactive, dynamic, and collaborative.
Jill’s previous work and learning:
Jill transitioned to Trinity School from The Westminster Schools where she co-taught Synergy with Bo Adams, facilitated the JH Math/Science PLC, co-facilitated the PLC-Facilitators PLC with Bo Adams, and served as the Chief Technology Integration specialist for the Junior High.
Jill co-facilitated the 2010-2011 Faculty Cohort on the Brain and Learning with Donya Kemp through The Center for Teaching.
Jill came to Westminster in 2001 after 14 years of teaching in public schools in Mississippi and at the Kiski School of Pennsylvania. Jill earned a B.S. degree in Mathematics and a M.C.S. in Mathematics and Computing Sciences from Mississippi College in 1984 and 1986, respectively. Jill received the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching in 1998 and Mathematical Association of America’s Sliffe Award in 2006 for excellence in teaching junior high.
Samples of Conference Attendance, Professional Learning, and Presentations
- NCTM/TI Sponsored Webinar (1 of 4): Establish mathematics goals to focus learning & Elicit and use evidence of student thinking, March 2018
- Mathematizing Read Alouds, 27th Annual Kennesaw State University Conference on Literature for Children and Young Adults, March 2018
- Using technology alongside #SlowMath to promote productive struggle, 2018 International Teachers Teaching with Technology Conference in San Antonio, March 2018
- #SlowMath: looking for structure and noticing regularity in repeated reasoning, 2018 International Teachers Teaching with Technology Conference in San Antonio, March 2018
- Leading Learners to Level Up: Deepening Understanding of Mathematical Practices, 2018 International Teachers Teaching with Technology Conference in San Antonio, March 2018
- Sketch noting: Show what you know more than one way, MVIFI Collider event for professional learning, February 2018
Gough, Jill, and Sam Gough. Work Smarter Not Harder Calculus Labs for the TI-Nspire CAS. Andover, MA: Venture Pub., 2011. Print.
Gough, Sam, Mary Ann. Gore, Debbie Crawford, and Jill Gough. Work Smarter Not Harder: Calculus Labs for the TI-83/84. Andover, MA: Venture Pub., 2000. Print.
Gough, Jill, and Sam Gough. TI InterActive! Math for High School. Dallas, TX: Texas Instruments, 2000. Print.
Antinone, Linda J., Sam Gough, and Jill Gough. Modeling Motion: High School Math Activities with the CBR. Dallas, TX: Texas Instruments, 2000. Print.