How do we effectively lead mathematics education in the era of the digital age? We commit to curation of best practices, connections between mathematical ideas, and communication to learn and share with a broad audience.
To build confidence as well as a more visual approach to elementary mathematics learning and teaching, we have designed ongoing, early morning, job-embedded professional learning around teaching practices and current research.
At the end of the semester, teacher-learners should be able to say:
- I can exercise mathematical flexibility to show what I know in more than one way.
- I can make sense of tasks and persevere in solving them.
- I can work within NCTM’s Eight Mathematical Teaching Practices for strengthening the teaching and learning of mathematics.
- Jill Gough, Director of Teaching and Learning
- Marsha Harris, Director of Curriculum
- Becky Holden, Early Learning Mathematics Specialist
The weekly schedule of topics are as follows:
If you are interested in emboldening your inner mathematician and would like to join us, please contact us for additional details.
Jill Gough | Director of Teaching & Learning
email@example.com | @jgough
Trinity School | www.trinityatl.org
4301 Northside Parkway | Atlanta, GA 30327
Phone 404.240.6220 | Fax 404.231.8111
Blog: Experiments in Learning by Doing
Blog: Jill Gough notes