At Trinity, we celebrate the present as we prepare for the future.
Let’s hear Sixth Graders’ Wisdom as they offer advice to younger students. I know that I need and will use all of this advice.
- Cherish every day. Stay cool.
- Enjoy field trips and outdoor ed.
- Take a risk. Even if it doesn’t work out, you’ll learn from your mistakes.
- Have a positive mindset. Never give up.
- Don’t put others down; instead, bring them up.
- Things might be hard right now, but everything will be okay.
- Remember to do your work when you find out about it, and don’t procrastinate. Do your work at a table and not your bed.
- Try your best on all the work.
- Wear your seatbelt and stay in school.
- Don’t give up just because it seems hard.
- Dreams remain dreams until action is taken.
- Just remember that there is always a place where you will feel at home; you just have to find it.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions, and bathe every day.
- Always come prepared to class. Go back and double-check your work.
- Be positive. Life will throw you curve balls; be positive and kind.
- Make sure to get enough sleep.
- Keep working on your goals no matter what.
- Always try new things. Be willing to work with other people.
- Don’t be nervous. Be yourself.
- If you have questions before the end of the day, talk to your teachers before you leave.
- Don’t stay on electronics too long. Exercise. Take up new hobbies.
Our First Graders send love and advice to our graduating 6th Graders:
And, let’s also hear from our teachers, friends, and colleagues.
- Choose happy.
- Be grateful.
- Have faith!
- You are loved!
- Believe in yourself.
- Be kind!
- Stay true to you!
- Stay strong!
Again, from Andra Day’s Rise Up:
All we need, All we need is hope
And for that we have each other…
We have each other. We have hope.
Quoting Thomas Benefield again:
…it has been hard. Hard, but not impossible. Hard, but not without hope and joy and expectation. If we have to do this again, we can.
… we can because this is what we do; we teach our students.
So… remember: Cherish every day. Bathe every day. Stay true to you. Persevere! Life will throw you curve balls; be positive and kind. Stay strong!
I love you, and I miss you.
Together and apart… we have each other.