As a team, we commit to make learning pathways visible. We are working on both horizontal and vertical alignment. We seek to calibrate our practices with national standards.
On Friday afternoon, we met to take a deep dive into the Standards of Mathematical Practice. Jennifer Wilson joined us to coach, facilitate, and learn. We are grateful for her collaboration, inspiration, and guidance.
- I can anticipate Standards for Mathematical Practice that learners will employ during this lesson.
- I can begin to design lessons incorporating national standards, a learning progression, and a formative assessment plan.
- Safe space
- I can talk about what I know, and I can talk about what I don’t know.
- I can be brave, vulnerable, kind, and considerate to myself and others while learning.
- Celebrate opportunities to learn
- I can learn from mistakes, and I can celebrate what I thought before and now know.
- Jo Boaler’s site: youcubed.org
- Illustrative Math
- Standards for Mathematical Practice
The learning progressions:
The slide deck:
As a community of learners, we