How do we practice Information Age skills? Which of the C’s do we actively engage with, share in the-struggle-to-learn with others, and intentionally insert into daily practice?
Creativity and innovation, Communication, Critical thinking and problem solving, Collaboration, …
Last week’s lesson was about reading and comprehension. Lesson 07 is about observing.
- Observe a colleague teach a lesson. Doodle what you learn and notice.
- Sketch-note through a faculty meeting.
- Doodle the big ideas and salient points from a professional development session or workshop.
Remember… It takes practice.
- Observe another teacher. Capture the teacher moves, essential learnings, student questions, and student actions.
- Capture the big ideas from your next faculty meeting.
- Illustrate the important points from a conference session or keynote. Ask the speaker to sign your sketch-note.