Strong teams regularly self-assess how well they function within their norms – the hopes and dreams for how they are when together. As we learn and grow together, we pause to reflect, revise, and recommit to strengthen our teams by reviewing our community norms.
- We commit to collaboratively design the agenda for each team meeting and that the agendas are shared ahead of the meetings. (ALT)
- We commit to fostering a growth mindset with our learners and ourselves. We embrace the power of yet. (Carol Dweck)
- We commit to use technology as a tool for learning and not as a barrier between us. (ALT)
- We commit to speaking about our learners as if they are in the room with us. (Katherine Boles, Harvard)
- We learn, i.e., we have permission to change our minds. (Elizabeth Statmore)
- We agree to ask for and offer the umbrella of mercy. (Tim Kanold)
- We serve all learners. Teams committee to take responsibility, together, to differentiate to help all learners learn and grow.
- We resist labeling students – all learners. We agree to design for the edges to dramatically expand our talent pool. (Todd Rose)
How might we strengthen our team? What if we review, reflect, and recommit to our hopes and dreams of how we are?