How might we incorporate symbols and doodles (“on paper” and digitally) in order to better express ideas, and summarize/synthesize our learning and reflections? How might notetaking become more personal, visual, brain-compatible and shareable across networks? Come join an introduction, conversation, exploration and practice session to learn and share about the “doodle revolution” and how we might grow ourselves and our learners through visual thinking?
- Read Ish by Peter Reynolds and doodle
- Hear a snippet from Sunnie Brown, Dual Coding, and practice sketch noting
- Practice by sketch noting Simon Sinek’s TED Talk How Great Leaders Inspire Action
- Gallery walk to show and share (#ShowYourWork)
- Reflect using the Visible Thinking Routine, Connect, Extend, Challenge
- I can talk about what I know, and I can talk about what I don’t know.
- I can be brave, vulnerable, kind, and considerate to myself and others while learning.
- I can learn from mistakes, and I can celebrate what I thought before and now know.
The slide deck:
The sketchbook handout:
The reflection: Connect, Extend, Challenge
- How do these ideas connect to what you already know?
- What new ideas did you get that extend or push your thinking in new directions?
- What is now a challenge for you to get your mind around? What questions, wonderings, and puzzles do you now have?